Monday, October 03, 2005

The Neighbors

These are the two baby mongoose that live with their parents right outside our bedroom window. It is difficult to get a "family photo" since Mom and Dad are much more observant and wary than these little guys. When I first spotted them they were about 8-10 inches long from nose tip to tail tip. Now they are closer to 18 inches and getting chunky because they eat the chicken bones and stuff that I throw away as a supplement to their regular diet of stolen birds eggs and the snakes that we have around here. I am considering names for them but haven't come up with anything that strikes my fancy. If you have a suggestion, please post a comment and let me know! I plan to post some other things about life down here, now that I have the abililty to do it from home, so check back regularly!


No comments: