Monday, May 15, 2006

All kinds of special.

This weekend was really special. Not that we did anything fantastically out of the ordinary or anything, but all the same it was very nice. Friday, Paul was home from his exam by lunchtime (he did fine, thank you to everyone that prayed for him :-) We watched a bunch of House, MD episodes all afternoon, had a great dinner and turned in early (he has been working so hard, he needed as much sleep as I do!).

Saturday we got up and headed to the beach. Paul and Lady explored the whole length of the bay while I alternated between hopping into the water and getting some sun. I have a serious tan deficency on my back due to the fact that is rare that I can get sun exposure back there for any length of time. I solved that by digging a hole in the sand underneath my towel so that I could be supported my hips and upper body but my tummy didn't get any pressure. That was fun. I got some really funny looks when I would get up though. You could just see people thinking, "Doggone it, how did she do that?!". Very amusing.

Sunday was my first Mother's Day. Yay! It was kind of a weird feeling to have both my Moms wishing me Happy Mother's Day when I called them. But I like it. Grace came over and we had one of my favorite meals and watched a movie. Basically just a fun lazy weekend. Back into the crazy class schedule for Paul today. It will allow him to be off in the afternoons though, so that is great because he won't have to cut class to come to the last sonogram. Yay. Well, must go retreive the laundry before it tears itself free from the clothesline. It's super hot here but that breeze keeps things bearable :-)

1 comment:

baby escapade said...

Glad you had a good weekend!