Thursday, May 18, 2006

The best compliment so far...?

Some of you will know that one of the things about me being pregnant has ben the lack of "looking pregnant". That is, no one can believe at any given stage that I am as far along as I am due to the fact that I don't look as big as they think I should. No big deal, right? Fine. So recently, I have been getting more and more unavoidably pregnant looking and people actually feel comfprtable asking me when I am due without the fear of thinking that I might have just packed on a few extra pounds in the last couple months. This has made me feel pretty good for the most part, kind of making the pregnancy seem more real and validating my changing shape to myself (not that this is a huge problem for me, but the feedback is nice, we all love feedback). Anyway, yesterday Paul came home and one of the first things out of his mouth was a compliment that had me laughing hard enough to give me a wicked Braxton Hicks contraction. He said, "You know, Babe? You look really pretty. Your tummy's gotten so big it makes your butt look tiny!"

Now that's progress ;-)

No comments: