Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Night time excitement

Last night I was feeling particularly hormonal for some reason. I thought earlier in the day that it was just due to the fact that I had a load of laundry out on the line that got rained on. Twice. But it turned out that when Paul got home I was stiill feeling bummed (this is not normal for me) and I just couldn't seem to shake it all night. Eventually Paul decided that I needed to be "fixed" and I got some major doses of TLC that seemed to clear everything up (after I broke down in tears once, decided to take responsibility of all of the worlds maladies and beat myself up for probably not ever being able to go back to exactly the same body I had before I decided to share it with my baby). All that to say, I went to bed at regular time feeling pretty good, if not a little tired. Then the fun started. I think I woke up at least 3 times (maybe 6 but I was dozy) with contractions. They weren't all the "take my breath away" kind that I have gotten sometimes but they definitely didn't abate when I turned over or moved around. Most of them I just waited out and then fell back to sleep and a couple I could even doze back off before they finished. Must have been the taco salads we had for dinner, I think.

3 comments:

Grace said...

you're always able to make me laugh with your blogs. my phone isn't working right now (it's got issues and gets tempermental sometimes), so I'll email or IM you my roomie's in case something comes up you can hopefully still reach me :) love ya!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

hey kid... an island girl... i had no idea that you were having a baby soon. glad to see that you are doing well :)
-an old friend

Anonymous said...

Hey- Your mom had three...and there are no hotter moms than yours...so it will all be okay...just be super patient and remember that we are not all movie stars so its okay if we take more than 8 weeks to recover from the traumatic experience of pushing someone out of our bodies...
nat