Monday, July 31, 2006

You got a what?!

Didn't think it was possible to get a cold in the Caribbean? Think again!  My Mom visited us a couple weeks ago and I came down with a doozy of a cold. I didn't think too much of it because let's face it, I just had a baby three weeks earlier and the sleep deprivation probably lowered my immune system and whammo there you go I have a cold.  Then last week Paul caught it just when we thought he had escaped.  Of course, his version went to his chest after a few days (his colds always do that).  And now, you guessed it, Isaac has it. I think I would have prefered for both Paul and I to have had colds that were twice as bad if it meant Isaac didn't have to have it.  So far it's not serious. No fever, mucus is relatively clear, he's sleeping a little more but not lethargic at all when he is awake, still nursing fine and he doesn't seem to be in any pain. Basically, I just keep him propped up so his little sinuses can drain and he sounds like a baby warthog when he breathes through his nose.  Still...can't imagine what I am going to be like if he ever gets seriously ill...

No comments: