Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tropical Blonde 2.0


Well, I decided to start blogging again. For a variety of reasons which will probably come out over time if I can be a little more consistent this time around. Ha! We'll see. But in the consistency area, I must say that motherhood forces routine on a girl like nothing else can. I mean that in a good way. Not being a creature of habit is for me a two-edged sword. On the one hand it makes me "flexible, creative, artistic and spontaneous". Or if you prefer "unpredictable, uncontrollable, difficult and flaky". It all depends on your point of view really. Anyway, having 2 rowdy boys means that if I want ANY kind of sanity they need a little structure. It is actually their need for routine that has got me thinking maybe I can take another crack at this blog. My boys are not morning people. They prefer to wake up slowly and don't really like to engage until they've eaten. This trait is what has given birth to our morning ritual. Wake up (about 6:30am of late), eat breakfast, sit quietly and watch a favorite show (usually Curious George, Super Readers, Baby Einstein, or other PBS educational morning stuff.) This allows them to come to the surface slowly and cuts down on them beating each other up. Meanwhile, I can eat my breakfast, have my morning reading and maintain my web presence all in relative peace. By the time I am showered and ready we usually head out to run errands or play dates, grab a quick lunch with Nana and by then they are both ready for naps. So they sleep and I make dinner or work on my jewelry. Usually the latter and then I lose track of time and scramble to make up the dinner when the time rolls around. Some things haven't changed. By the time the boys are up Paul is home and we do dinner and have family time until little guys show signs of bed (unprovoked whining and randomly picking fights are top of the list). That leaves just enough time for Paul and I to connect before WE show signs of needing to go to bed :)

So goes most days in my life unless I have to work but that's a whole other post. We'll see how goes adding this into the mix. Now that I have my esty sight up and running with reasonable success I thought it might be a good time to extend myself :) Let me know what you think! What do you like to keep busy doing? I'd love to know!

6 comments:

Grace said...

Hey Kate!

I had been randomly checking you and Paul's blogs every so often on the rare occasion that I actually looked at my blog so I'm excited that you've got it up and running again :) I'm just as bad as I haven't really updated mine either, and none of it was of anything substantial. heh. I'm glad you are doing so well! Please give my love to your boys. Vasco says hi too!

lisa.tice said...

I love the picture! I'm so glad to see you back up and blogging.

Dustin and Melissa said...

Hi Kate! I noticed your blog announcement on Facebook - your blog is great! It looks like you are keeping yourself busy with two adorable boys. I'd love to get back in touch. Our blog address is:

http://melissaanddustin.blogspot.com

Emi said...

Hi Kate. That is such a cute picture of the boys. They are so handsome.

David said...

I think it is funny that the last post before you started again was of Isaac in Grenada... how time flies! Anyway, I am glad to see you are doing well!

Kyle and Sarah said...

So excited to see you are blogging again!! Your boys are getting so big and your jewelry is beatiful!