Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why I paid $8 extra for gas...


I pulled into the Costco gas station, relieved to have an excuse to stand outside the car in SILENCE and leave my excessively difficult 4 year old whining at me from the backseat. The lead up to that is a whole other post :) Anyway, so I am standing there minding my own business and thinking about what I need to get done when the Blessed Time of Napping rolls around and I must have been staring through the lady at the pump next door. She turns to me and says "Yes, we're talking about you. I was just telling my friend that I LOVE the color of your jacket!". She says this in a rush and I am still trying to drag myself back to earth enough to register that she is talking to me. I say "Thanks, that's great to hear when you just feel fat" referring to my half pregnancy chunkiness. She proceeds to tell me that she can't even tell I am pregnant which I guess is great except then I wonder if I just look like I've been eating too many desserts :) All in all it was a nice perk in the middle of a day where Isaac (the aforementioned 3.75 year old told me "Yes, I do want to push you very far today"). I knew that screaming pink jacket was a favorite for a reason ;) Of course, by the time I started to pay attention to the gas pump I had paid $8 more than I planned...oops.

1 comment:

SammiJ said...

Aww Kate its a four year old thing! Jay loves to push every button he can find :)