Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have the attention span of a gnat.


You will notice this in my work if you look closely. I like to make pieces that have variety (materials, colors, techniques). This is for a couple reasons. I usually make beads or pendants just because I want to try a new technique or color scheme and then I figure out how to make them into jewelry later. I usually end up making my components (clasps, connectors etc) on the fly to suit my vision for the current piece. Should I sit down and make a bunch of clasps? Probably. But I haven't. I don't really plan on it. Because right now I have been typing about it during that time 6 ideas for new beads have popped into my head...later! Here are a few pictures to illustrate my point :)





PS. I am working toward a redo of my Etsy shop so keep an eye out ;)

2 comments:

wildvanilla said...

attention span of a gnat... totally sounds like me! lovely designs!

Sandy said...

Hi,

You may not remember that you entered my OWOH giveaway for a pair of earrings. Unfortunately you didn't win, but as part of that I did commit to making 100 Bottles of Hope for cancer patients on behalf of the first 100 entrants. I'm happy to say that your bottle has been made and once I finish linking all the names etc it'll be posted. Likely within the next couple of hours.

By the way, I can completely relate to the attention span thing. Frustrating, isn't it?

Cheers,

Sandy