Monday, June 14, 2010

Restocking my stash.


Moving has given me a great chance to reorganize and evaluate my stash of bead and clay materials. Guess what? I found that both were seriously depleted. I was discussing this with my mother over lunch, speculating on what I wanted to do to replenish my inventory. We were generally laughing about this thing I do when I only have a little bit of something left I AVOID using it. What really makes it funny is that my mom is a quilter and she DOES THE SAME THING! Anyway, Mom went back to work and later that afternoon I get an email from my clay vendor saying "my order will be shipped in 24 hours"...she ordered a 12.5 oz brick of almost EVERY color I needed. Am I blessed or what?! When it get's here I'll have to show you :)

But wait, there's more! A local bead store had a fire a while back and had to close. Now they are trying to get rid of their stock by selling slightly sooty beads out of their garage. My mom is on their mailing list and forwarded me an email letting me know they were taking 80% off their retail prices. She also gave me $XYZ and said "Go buy beads and nothing else". YAY for me! Here is a picture of just the STRANDS of beads I picked up. There are several other loose pieces I will share later!!

2 comments:

Julianna Cannon said...

YAY MOM! Congrats on the pretties~ :D

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

You are one lucky girl!!!