Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Elevators and getting peed on.


Marie over at Creative Sprinkle (which normally has NOTHING to do with peeing) wrote a post about "life peeing on your creativity". It's a great post and you should read it.

She starts off talking about an "elevator pitch". That is what you would tell someone about your blog in the time it takes to be in the elevator with them. I struggle with this somewhat because up until recently I don't think I really had a clear, focused direction for my blog. I started this blog originally to keep family and friends informed while we lived abroad but I have now switched to primarily focusing on my jewelry and I hope to keep it that way. So going forward my elevator pitch would be "I blog about my jewelry designs which are supposed to help other people express themselves" and pass them a business card.

Speaking of helping other people express themselves...I finished the custom order I posted about yesterday and tomorrow I hope to share the full story behind it. Here is a quick look at the results. Stay tuned for details!

3 comments:

Marie Young (Young Creative) said...

Oh wow, Kate. I've been following you blog for a while so it was really cool to see my post inspire one of yours! I love your new design!

wildvanilla said...

I love those components!! And your newly made-over blog is gorgeous!! Great work!

bluecottonmemory said...

Love your jewelry! I agree about the elevator pitch - it makes it much easier to explain what your blog is about if you have developed a "mission statementj."