Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bead Soup REVEAL Feb. 2011!!



Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party!


What is a Bead Soup Blog Party?
Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following:

~ A focal
~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw)
~ Some coordinating spacers or beads

Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not.

Here's what I made!



I called my piece "Getaway". It was going to be "day at the beach" or "I am sick of winter" but somehow that just didn't seem appropriate ;)

When I first saw Marianna's soup I have to say I LOVED all of it but had no idea how it would go together. I set myself the goal of using both focals if I could manage it and be happy with the outcome. Obviously, I did and I am. I also was happy that I got to satisfy my "fiber fetish" that I seem to be going through right now. Cord, silks and felt just seem to be attracting my attention like never before. I just ordered a large mixed bundle of sari silk that I can't wait to get my hands on. Anyway, the lavender leather cord seemed to add another dimension to the piece that I felt "kicked it up a notch".

Although I loved everything in the soup, I have to say I have a particular penchant for turquoise and and the HUGE rondelles Marianna sent were just begging to be seen and not heard, if you know what I mean. Does anyone else have beads that talk to them and are VERY opinionated?



Come see what the rest of us made!

1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things <------The Rockin'est Hostess ever, seriously folks.
2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life
3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane
4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things<----- My partner! Check her out. Right now!
8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio

11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12. Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13. Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14. Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15. Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16. Deci Worland, Gem Trails
17. Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18. Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19. Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20. Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats


21. Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22. Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim
23. Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24. Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25. Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26. Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27. Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads
28. Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29. Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30. Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul


31. Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32. Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33. Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34. Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35. Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36. Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37. Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39. Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40. Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio


41. Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42. Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43. Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya
44. Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45. Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles
46. Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig
47. Amanda Davie, Articulations
48. Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49. Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux

51. Lori Dorrington, Lori's Glassworks
52. Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles

53. Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde <--------------YOU ARE HERE


54. Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56. Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57. Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio
58. Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59. Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa

60. Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do
61. Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog
62. Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63. Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64. Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65. Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66. Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67. Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68. Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69. Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver


70. Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71. Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey
72. Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73. Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74. Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
76. Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium
77. Valerie Norton, Hot Art
78. Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden
79. Amy Severino, Amy Beads

80. Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81. Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82. Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83. Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84. Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85. Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86. CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87. Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89. Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations

90. Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
91. Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous
92. Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead
93. Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations
94. Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio
96. Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97. Cindy Dolezal, Cindy Dolezal Designs
98. Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads

101. Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102. Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations
103. Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104. Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105. Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106. Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107. Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108. Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109. Grace Danel, Grace Beading

110. Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman
111. Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe
112. Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo
113. Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114. Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116. Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles
118. Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie
119. Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart

120. Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs
121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings
123. Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass
124. Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks
125. Hazel Ward, All Those Things
126. Brenda Salzano, Salzanos
127. Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee
128. Anna Denisova, Anita-M
129. Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry

130. Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads
131. Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132. Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies
137. Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art
138. Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139. Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter

140. Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141. Heather Pyle, Welcome to My Muse
142. Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143. Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144. Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145. Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146. Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads
147. Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul
148. Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me
149. Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog

150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151. Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152. Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153. Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area
154. Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156. Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157. Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158. Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman

160. Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161. Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162. Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163. Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio
165. Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167. Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168. Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169. Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings

170. Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171. Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172. Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs
173. Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass
174. Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre
176. Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178. Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179. Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180. Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181. Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry
189. Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190. Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191. Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192. Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197. Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198. Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200. Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201. Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202. Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203. Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204. Juli Cannon, Julsbeads
205. Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206. Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207. Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208. Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209. Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210. Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread






The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011. Don't miss it!







90 comments:

BluMoon said...

Hmmm I can almost smell the sea, its looking good!
Jackie

Kristen said...

Oh I love the sea theme and you made it so pretty. I also love what you sent your partner you make awesome beads!

Pretty Things said...

A VERY creative job! I would never have thought of that! And I'm a fiber novice, so I'm quite impressed with what you did.

Great job!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Great joh. I particularly like the earrings. And I know what you mean about beads talking to you.

Emakaye said...

LOL! Yes beads do talk, I love that. I also love your creation. I am partial to outdoor themes.
Ema

balanced. said...

that is lovely! love that tropical feel! well done. :)

Nicki said...

getaway is the perfect name for it - i can see you wearing it on the beach with a little nothing of a bikini.... :)
have fun hopping.

ViviBijoux said...

Very creative, you did really well and well used your beads, fab colours to work with too, lucky you ^_^ Virginie ViviBijoux.com

Round Rabbit said...

Excellent job - it can just imagine summer....
And yes, I have some very mouthy beads in my collection. They never shut up! ;)

Francy said...

Love, love, love {I'm sick of winter} I can almost feel the sand under my tooties.

Marie Cramp said...

I feel like going to the beach now! :)

Marianna said...

Holy moly!!! I LOVE it! You used BOTH of them!!!! It's gorgeous! It needs to be worn while sipping Margarita's :)

My Life Under the Bus said...

LOL I really like the 'I'm sick of winter" title. And yes I do also come across some very opinionated beads too. Very tropical and "vacationy" ( is that a word?)

Happy Hopping!

Deci said...

I live by the ocean so I love your ocean theme.

Dee said...

Fabulous! The colors in this piece are so romantic, love how you presented it in the photo...reminds me of a weekend at the beach! Love the use of the fibers through out...lovely!

French Elegant Jewelry said...

great job and I love the polymer beads you make I'm headed over to take a closer look at them now.

Islandgirl said...

I could use a day at the beach right now! Lovely tropical piece... I am so tired of snow!

Marian Hertzog said...

Love this "Getaway" piece! Your design is great! So pretty too!

Jennifer Cameron said...

Very creative using both focals! The necklace is so pretty and makes me long for summer that much more.

Stacey said...

Very pretty mix of lovely elements!

Wendy said...

Very creative and unique design!

Janet said...

This is different and really very Pretty! Nice Soup!!

BeadsByEarthTones said...

very unique and full of color!

TesoriTrovati said...

Love the starfish!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Margot Potter said...

Stunning design and beautiful photos!

Terri said...

I totally get the concept of art talking to you whether it be beads or a painting..or what ever. Great job on your bead soup pieces!!!
I saw the post below this one..so are you getting published..if so how exciting...Congratulations.

Terri said...

I totally get the concept of art talking to you whether it be beads or a painting..or what ever. Great job on your bead soup pieces!!!
I saw the post below this one..so are you getting published..if so how exciting...Congratulations.

moonlitfantaseas said...

I love your necklace, it is very beachy feeling

Suzette Bentley said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

rosebud101 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Elisabeth said...

The large turquoise beads are awesome! Love the lavender cord too!

Dana said...

#209 here...several ocean themes going on here, great work

Loretta said...

Love your design.

Holly said...

I am all about a Getaway right now, so I can surely appreciate your gorgeous necklace! I love how you used the fibers in this...and am envious of your upcoming sari silk fun!

Barbara Lewis said...

Getaway it is ... I ready to go, with that necklace around my neck! Beautiful!

m.e. said...

"I'm Sick of Winter" would work for me !!! LOL!!!
but ,"Day at the Beach " is a Lovely name for a Lovely design !
m.e. :)

Courtney said...

Wonderful! Love the pendant action.

ladynoble said...

My mother in law would absolutely love this necklace! The colors and placement are very nice. Great Soup!

Lisa said...

Love what you did!

Heather said...

Nice Kate and you chose a great name for it. Love the starfish on the shell. I wonder if they taste good? LOL Maybe a little too crunchy. Very nice and whatever that lavender fabric you framed it with is - I WANT SOME!! Have a great day.

SueBeads said...

Very nice! I love the earrings!

SummersStudio said...

Lovely, really like how you incorporated fiber.

steufel said...

Awesome! And the earrings are really cute!

EB Bead and Metal Works said...

Outstanding piece! Can smell the ocean breezes now!

Julianna Cannon said...

Beautiful necklace, Kate! I can hear ocean waves calling my name just looking at it. Cute earrings, too!

Beadbug said...

It feels like the getaway I just got back from, love it.

sundownbeaddesigns said...

Very creative! Such wonderful colors!

Stacie said...

Great summer color combination!

French Elegant Jewelry said...

beautiful necklace looks like beach wear to me.

Lutka And Co. said...

Very pretty & ready for the beach!
Linda

Everyday Gypsy said...

Wow, I can feel the warm ocean breeze all the way here in chilly Washington. What a creative use of fiber, beads, and focal. Perfect.

Judy said...

Just what we need right now something beachy! Love the turquoise with the yellow! Very creative!

Helmitarha said...

What a fun summer necklace! Great job! ;)

tappingflamingo said...

your soup is yummy!

Leigh said...

I love how you wove a tropical feel into your design. Great work.

Sarabeth said...

great job with your "sea" soup :)

i'm loving it!

sarabeth

Salzanos said...

Def! Many of my beads demand to go a different spot then what I originally put them. I set them out for a day some times two and see how they get along before actual stringing! Your piece is lovely ocean-antic. !! I am loving the trends to more fiber inclusions too!

vintagesusie & wings said...

So beautiful friend, I love this necklace & what you did with your SOUP! Simple Stunning!!! ;)
Thanks for sharing...
Susie

Cory said...

Lovely piece...I can hear the ocean.

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher said...

Very nice work Kate! They came out great!

stacilouise said...

Oooh! I love the chunkyness of the necklace! Great colors too, love the cord, very creative:)

Steph L. said...

Love your beachy necklace - great job with your soup!

Creative Arty Facts said...

Stunning piece Kate - I really love the lime and turquoise bead too. They really compliment the focal bead!

jeanette said...

Your pieces really came out beautifully.

jeanette said...

Both of your jewelry pieces came out beautifully!

roseworksjewelry said...

That looks great!

Raida said...

Love your necklace, beautiful work!

Regina said...

I love how you worked the cord through the pendant to hang the charm. Love the colors and the design of your necklace. Yes, my beads talk to me all the time, they can be pretty insistent. But I do listen to them...

Lisa Godfrey said...

Beautiful! It makes me want to take a vacation somewhere sunny right now! :-)

Jenni C said...

Love what you created, I am impressed with your fibre work, tropical it definately is,
jenni

Serena Trent said...

really neat approach! I like it alot!

Releases by Rufydoof said...

Wow what an interesting piece. I love how you have used the focal and the use of the fibres... well done!

Karyn
Australia

maneki said...

Very pretty summer/beach necklace!

Hazel Ward said...

Lovely - great design with the focal! It'll be perfectly fabulous beachwear :D

GraceC said...

Sorry I'm so late to get to the party, but i'm glad I came.; Your pieces are terrific.

Beadroe said...

Very nice design.

BeaderBubbe said...

I am a turquoise kind of person too....love the sea theme.

Beth said...

Love the summery feel of the necklace, I'm ready! The MOP heart is wonderful. Great Bead Soup.

Patsy Evins said...

I love the starfish focal and the rich tropical colors! I love the tropic, too!

Thanks for the visit and I'm slower than you!

LeeLu Creations said...

I love it for summer with all the vibrant tropical colors and cute little starfish.

CraftyHope said...

I love the turquoise and you pairing it with the green. That's one of my favorite color combinations. YUM!

Menka Gupta said...

Very pretty necklace. I really like the way you blended different components. The purple is so striking.

alice said...

I think we are all thinking alike break away from winter!! Kudos for you for adding the laventer cord to the piece. I would have been afraid to mix the color that way. Love the pendant. Is it Mother of pearl??

Genea said...

Awesome necklace! I love how you laced the purple suede through the pendant and up the necklace! Very cool!

Valerie said...

Wow! What creative pieces you made. I love the second one best. Great job!Also, thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. So nice of you!

one-eared pig said...

Pretty! A nice getaway image for us here in snowy Michigan.

Boot ~C said...

great use of the donuts & fiber

Rebecca said...

Beautiful job!

Malin de Koning said...

Drinking pina colada in a bar on a beach, wearing only a bikini and a thin white shirt ... and this necklace of course!

Noemi said...

Love the earrings!

I would like to thank you for your kind words, it has really meant a
lot, specially as I am having a really tough time.

Just So you know, I have left a thank you note on my blog, and I would love you to read it if you have time.

A big hug your way.