Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The runner up


Yesterday I posted about my ABS challenge entry. Yay! Now I will show you the other piece I had thought I might enter. Here she is....


The faux jade polymer pendant came from the same mold that my entry did. That mold is a current favorite. I love the little oriental (not sure what language it is) character surrounded by all the flora. As far as "wearability" goes, this piece goes with a surprising range of current colors. The amethyst rounds and rondelles add another aspect, allowing me to keep the design simple but still interesting to look at...nothing keeps you guessing and coming back for more like natural stones! Finally, the coins! As soon as I held them up to the mix I had going with the faux jade and amethyst I was hooked. I thought about using one coin to make a clasp but I wanted to be able to show both sides while it was being worn so I went with the symmetrical and simple all the way.

The reason I didn't enter this piece was because when I completed it i wasn't sure if it was *too* simple of a construction for the challenge. Also, while the colors I chose were a rough approximation of some that were in the color palette of the painting, I felt that the overall feel of the piece just wasn't close enough to suit me. But I'll let you in on a secret...I think this is the one I will be adding to my personal collection ;)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What a great piece. I love, love your faux jade!