Monday, June 13, 2011

ABS challenge June 2011

This month's challenge is inspired by this work.



Ophelia by Odilon Redon

c. 1900-05; Pastel on paper mounted on board, 19 7/8 x 26 1/2 in; The Woodner Collection


This painting really spoke to me as far as colors were concerned. The palette is so varied and vibrant that there seemed to be endless combinations of color that appealed to me! In fact, as I was coming up with the perfect art bead to use I created a whole new line for my Etsy shop almost by accident! You can see the variety in this snap I took of them all together (minus that perfect one that I used for my finished piece).



Here is my finished submission.

It features my new Primrose pendant in yellow and turquoise!


Having been on vacation for a couple weeks this was an awesome project to come home to! It totally got me back into the creative groove.

5 comments:

Cara Jane said...

beautiful pedant and I love how you've stung it.

Jen V. said...

Great pendants! Welcome back!

steufel said...

AWESOME! Love the pendant!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Aren't the colors amazing? I love what you did that wash of turquoise is delicious!!!
Welcome back and Happy Tuesday !

Kristen said...

OH that is stunning! I love your pendents!