Monday, June 27, 2011

Muffin Tin Challenge Reveal

Here's my completed muffin tin! What's that I hear you say? One is empty?! Oh dear.


Wait! Here it is!! It is being worn almost daily by the resident super hero father man!

Hot, I know right? Hand's off, ladies, this one's mine ;)


Some close ups and group shots of the product of the Muffin Tin Challenge hosted by ABS.




A couple of the crystal stretchy bracelets were a custom order that I forgot to get a photo of before they were delivered...bad beady blogger! Only one task that I set myself did not happen (one of the pendants that I set out to patina just hasn't found it's patina soul mate yet so I left her plain for now). However, I did end up making WAY more pendants and beads than I had expected and even got lots of them cured, covered in patinas and ready to be sold or made into finished jewelry. I think we're going to call that a wash. Exceeding expectations, even....love that! This challenge was an awesome way to make your "to do" list tangible and attainable. I might be doing more of these on my own in the future so stay tuned.

10 comments:

Cillaw said...

Great take on the idea, At first I thought o-she spent a ton of money on the supplies then I got it, You made the supplies!They look great!

Jen V. said...

Nice job!! It felt good to get lots of things done. Now I have to deal with a bunch of earrings. haaaaaaaa

Erin Fickert-Rowland said...

I agree, this is an awesome way to organize 12 tasks...any tasks! I don't think my muffin tin will ever return to my kitchen! I love what you made, Kate- now if only I could get my hubby to wear any kind of cool jewelry!

My Life Under the Bus said...

I love that turquoise wash! So so pretty!!!

steufel said...

Great job and how cool is it that one of your pieces is loved by your sweetheart.

Holly said...

I have to give in to my jealousy and admit that your husband is awesome for wearing your jewelry! That's so cool... and wasn't this a fun challenge? It's such a cool, organized way to get something accomplished. And I love what you finished, and am so enamoured of your cool pendants!

TesoriTrovati said...

Tangible. Great way to put it! I think that this forced me to focus instead of getting sidetracked. I will keep it up as long as there are beads in my studio! That will be a long, long time ;-)
Enjoy the day!
Erin

CraftyHope said...

That's fabulous that your hubs is already wearing one of your projects! Great job!

Linda Landig said...

I love the components that you made. Especially the peach and turquoise flower at the bottom of the last picture.

Bobbie said...

Wasn't this fun? You cooked up some great things!