Saturday, July 09, 2011

ABS July



Morning in the Garden at Vaucresson, by Edouard Vuillard 1923 reworked 1938
distemper on canvas, 59 ½ by 43 5/8 inches
Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Collection, Wolfe Fund, 1952

This month's challenge over at the Art Bead Scene is inspired by this painting.

Here is my submission called "Garden Party". It's never to early to party in my book!

ABS Challenge July '11

My piece includes my own art beads (Pink Garden Lentils and Flower Pendant which I put an extra hole in to make it a connector).

I also used some of my most recent Bead Soup beads to fashion my own leaves and bring in that rust color from the roof in the painting.


Finally, I took 3 shades of sari silk and braided them before wrapping them in wire to get that contained wildness feel that I get from the art. I strung the rust colored ceramic spacers on the silk before weaving them together and added the green seed beads to mimic pieces of greenery clinging to a trellis (or whatever you call those wire guiding thingees...can you tell I do jewelry NOT gardening?!).


Check out the other submissions here on Flickr.

7 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

Oh it's just lovely!!!!!

Lotus said...

I really like the beads you made!

Christine said...

Such a lovely necklace!!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Love this so pretty!

Aquariart said...

I love what you did and your lentils are really nice with the silk and all the wrapping too. I like how you captured the chaos in the garden and reeled in!!

Heather Powers said...

A lovely combination - I really like the purple foacl bead.

Kristen said...

I love how the wire wrapped ribbon is the focal!