Friday, July 29, 2011

Of bees and beads (Inspired by Nature: Bees)

This week the Inspired by Nature Challenge is about Bees.  Here is my submission. 



Here is my stylized bumblebee. The most classy bumblebee you'll see, says me ;) Can you tell we read a lot of Dr. Seuss?!


The Flower Pendant and beads were made my your truly and the lampwork is from JulsBeads.


As my regular readers know I am endeavoring to take more interesting and better photos of my work so here are the matching earrings to the necklace in several different settings. What do you think? Got a favorite? Let me know in the comments section. I am discovering that when it comes to photography the favorite of the audience is not always that of the photographer! Speaking of photos, the Tropical Blonde Photo Challenge is still accepting entries for the theme "Children" this week. I am allowing *2* entries per person this week! You can also vote for your favorite "Fauna" entry until Sunday night.




To see more of the Inspired by Nature Jewelry Challenge check us out on Flickr.  Also, Heather Powers is having a heat induced beady breakdown and is GIVING away a massive bundle of her amazing beads. You really won't want to miss this.

Finally, a huge, happy thank you to Lisa Crone over at A Bead a Day for her kind words about my work. Check out her blog to see what she said!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads said...

Fantastic design!Beautiful works!

Heather Powers said...

I love the pairing of the lampwork with your beads - beautiful!

I have some photography tips here: http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2010/10/holiday-boot-camp-week-4-photography.html

I like the last photo the best. I think backgrounds that add too much texture can distract from the subject.

I think Bead Trends does a really good job of using props in jewelry photography, check out a few back issues for inspiration. (You can purchase them online for around $5 an issue!)

Julianna Cannon said...

LOVE! That necklace is gorgeous, Kate~ and I want to kiss those earrings on the mouth. Beautiful!

Kristen said...

I love the earrings hanging from the simple branch the best. That necklace is incredible!