Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BTW 8/17/11

 Today I am working on turning these awesome lampwork beads from Julsbeads into....









...earrings!


The silver rings are actually upcycled from junked computers.  They are the aluminum spacers that are part of the hard drive...you probably care very little about what they actually do and more about how light and fabulous they are as findings, though!  I hammer the bejeebers out of them than with a ball peen hammer and then wire them up. Fun, right? And much better than throwing it away!  What kind of things do you upcycle and give new life?

5 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG!!! They look like pretty little lanterns! Lovely Kate : )

Janet said...

I just looked at your Shop wow you make really Lovely Polymer clay! I too am a Lampworker! Its so rewarding but very time consuming! Cheers~Janet

Leslie Todd said...

Your earrings are great! I've got a pair on Etsy that I used recycled hard drive spacers for too--they make fantastic earrings. They look so substantial and weigh nothing. I got them from a guy at my hubby's work. They have to dismantle all old hard drives for security reasons.

Chrizette said...

Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your "pillow beads" and will feature them in my WISH LIST MONDAY meme in a week's time if you have no objection :) I am linking to your etsy store.

Have a great weekend!

Bead Soup Mix

Holly said...

Lovely earrings! And wow, parts from the computer, genius!