Thursday, August 25, 2011

DIY Jewelry Displays.

I took some picture frames I got a a yard sale, some spray paint, a set of shears and a staple gun.


A roll of aluminum screen (like you put in doors and windows.


I painted the screen.

In contrasting colors...

Then I cut the screen out and stapled it to the back of the frame with the contrasting color.

 

It might be hard to see but the red frame had turquoise screen, turquoise frame has red screen, black frame has turquoise screen and the fancy frame has black screen.







Tada!

10 comments:

Christine said...

Brilliant! So easy & so pretty!! Thanks for sharing

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Great minds think alike! I happen to have a DIY jewelry display up on my blog today too! I hope you'll take a look!

You have a great eye - I've seen those cut out photo frames at many a garage sale but couldn't see what you saw. After painting and arranging your earrings into the frame, it's lovely! Thanks for sharing your DIY tip!

Holly said...

Oh yay! Love this, so simple, easy and awesome looking!

I LOVE color! said...

What a great idea.Thanks

Rebecca Page said...

Such a great idea!!!!

Erin Fickert-Rowland said...

What a cool idea! I love the colors you chose, too! Thanks for sharing!

Charlotte said...

That is a great idea, Kate! I am definitely going to borrow that! Thank you for sharing!!!

Cathie Carroll said...

These turned out beautifully!
I may try it myself. :)

Judy said...

Way cute! I love the frame with all the openings!

jewelry display said...

OMG! Are those for real? Love it! because of your wild imagination you create a picture frame jewelry display... I would love to have that on my collections of streams of jewel stands. Thanks for always inspiring us(craftsmanship).